Student Success Is A Lifestyle:
Available as 75 - 90 minute Keynote
Perfect for First Year Students & Orientation Week
Being a highly successful college student today is no easy task. Less than 40% of them graduate in four years and 30% drop out after their first year. It can be challenging socially, financially, intellectually and emotionally, especially for first generation, low income college students. Therefore, it’s no surprise that students get lost in the process. The U.S. Census Bureau (2016) reports that only 22% and 15% of Blacks and Latinos (respectively) age 25 and older received a bachelor’s degree or higher in 2015. Also, the graduation gap between students of color and many of their counterparts is widening. We CAN help prevent this! The key is to make Success a Lifestyle!
This presentation will reveal strategies and principles necessary to create a successful student lifestyle, through storytelling and musical performance. The goal of the Student Success Is A Lifestyle program is to jump-start their success in college, so they get a head start towards building successful careers, and are empowered to achieve the greatest possible results both in school and in life. There will be laughter, music, as well as usable content they can immediately implement to see dramatic results in their academic performance.
Students walk away from this program knowing:
- How to get and stay motivated even when the going gets tough
- The one thing necessary for achievement
- The secret behind improved performance and accomplishing goals
- The most important factor that helps build success
This program includes a personal account of the struggles facing college students as well as the possibilities and strategies for overcoming them. Students exposed to this program not only perform well academically, they are motivated to get involved, enthused to create connections, better prepared to face the challenge of college, and more likely to stay in college and graduate.
Leading Is A Lifestyle:
(Available as keynote or 60-minute Workshop)
Perfect for student groups & student leaders
Leadership roles are a crucial part of developing interpersonal and professional skills for students. Unfortunately, not everyone is prepared or understands the key to becoming a successful leader and the power of their influence. Sometimes, students also lose the passion and drive they once had when they first began their leadership role.
Attendees walk away from this program learning:
- The number one reason why their role is SOOOO important
- The most important aspect of Successful Student Leadership
- Strategies for developing awesome, well attended and remembered programs
- How to facilitate fruitful and meaningful collaboration within their team
This interactive program is perfect for student leaders. It's designed to get student leaders to reflect on and revisit their purpose, goals, and programming efforts. We want students to transform in their leadership roles and become exceptional role models and future professionals of the world.
The sense of touch is a simple, yet powerful form of communication.
In a time where touch screen technology has become a part of everyday life, actual human contact and interaction is seen as weird, awkward, and uncomfortable. It doesn't have to be. We often forget how powerful the subtlety of it really is. Research has shown that we can communicate various emotions through touch. In addition, positive physical contact has also demonstrated the ability to enhance trust and improve performance. It affects the person on the initiating end, just as much as the person on the receiving end!
This program teaches how something as simple as touch (when appropriate of course!) will boost the confidence of students, improve the mood of colleagues, and increase the chances of Success. Learn how one simple action can change the cultures on our campuses, within our departments, and among our students. All it takes is a #TouchForSuccess!
Walk away from this program learning:
- The astonishing effects and impact we deliver through the simple act of touch.
- The simplest way to boost confidence, improve cooperation, and enhance performance with students, colleagues, and even family and friends.
- How to create more positive interactions, deeper connections, and improved outcomes
- The secret to creating a positive campus-wide, departmental, and communal culture.
- How to improve the connections and services provided to supervisors, colleagues, and ultimately the students.
Our presentations are customizable to your specific needs. We will have a meeting before hand to learn your goals and make sure that we understand your specific goals and that the presentation is geared toward helping you achieve it!